Monday, November 3, 2008


This may seem minimal to some but to me and my boys, its hard... I found my cockatiel dead tonight. I have had him for 20+ yrs. :o( Longer than any of my kids and ANY of my pets and actually LONGER than my marraige. He was special to me. His name was Ashley (because he was gray like ashes.). I've cried so hard when I found him. Right now he is cradled in my sweat shirt with me til I can find a box to put him in. Boy our pets sure are like our kids.. even if they are birds.. Ashley liked to talk. He said lots of things like "Ashley's a pretty bird" "birdy birdy birdy birdy", Good Morning Ashley" and so forth..

I attached a piture of Ashley with our big male cat "Baby". Baby was on Ashley's cage and it looked like they were talking to each other.

Thanks,

Gina Marie

No comments: