Sunday, November 23, 2008

What are you Thankful for?

This being the week of Thanksgiving, I just thought I would talk about being Thankful. I have SOO MUCH to be thankful for. I have a house over my head (needs so much repair but its standing) :o). I have food to eat.


Thankful for my four miracle sons (even tho right now I'm gaining gray hair daily from them) HEY doesnt the bible say you get more and more PATIENCE thru TRIALS?... NO WONDER I have so much PATIENCE!!! All the TRIALS they put me thru. lol Thank you Lord for the Patience but... NO MORE PLEASE!!! lol



Thankful for my pets.. THO sadly I have lost TWO of them this past three weeks. One, Ashley, my pet cockatiel of 21 YEARS passed away. I had him longer than my kids, my house, EVEN my marriage!! He has been thru EVERYTHING with me. He was my buddy! Here is a picture of Ashley and my big male cat "Baby". It looks like they are talking about something... lol Also a picture of Adam and Ashley together.









The other pet I lost was my precious German Shepard Pup "Grace". She didn't die tho. We gave her away. She just got so strong and big for me. She was VERY smart and needed more training than I could give her. We rescued her and helped bring her thru Parvo and parasites and worked with her for 10 months. Now was time to find her a better home where she could play outside and get a lot more exercise. I miss her and Ashley so much. I still when I get up to go to another room or the bathroom still think Grace is going to get up to follow me but she doesn't because she isnt here. She is living with Nathans (my oldest) girlfriends family. They have a chihuaha and a dog park right up the street.
Here are some pics of Grace first when we got her all sick and skinny and then on her birthday 8 months later..







And here is Grace on the last day here laying by me while I sorted books. Looks like she was picking out a book and then I put a picture of her and Nathan on his bed.






Now we are down to 2 cats and a kitten that a youth that stayed with us left here when he left and Nathan's pet mouse. I had thought of getting another bird but cockatiels can live up to 25+ yrs.. that would put me at about or almost 70 YEARS old when the bird could pass on and I dont know if I will live that long!! lol I think I will stick with my cats. lol My oldest cat right now is about 14 (Myacis) and I dont know how much longer she has.

I'm also thankful for my disease and sicknesses. I have met a lot of precious people and children thru it and online and without it I wouldn't have met them or been able to help them.

I'm thankful for Camp Wonder!! It's an AWESOME camp for kids with skin diseases to go for a week and be "normal". It's full of activities for the kids like swimming, baseball, boating, camping, rockwall, date night, festival and LOTS more. My two youngest sons Adam and Noah go to this camp and I tell you!! The day they are leaving camp they are already counting the days til the next camp (a year away). Today they were saying "Mom, 7 months til camp!! I cant wait til camp mom!!" Camp Wonder can use all the donations and sponsors they can get to help sponsor a child to go to camp. It doesn't cost the campers ANYTHING because of all the cost of their medical care all thru the year. Their site is at http://www.csdf.org/ . If you can help sponsor a kid. IF You know any kids with a skin disease (EB, BCCNS, etc) contact CSDF and they will do what they can to help you.


Im also thankful for our soldiers who are fighting for freedom and a lot of them are away from their families. They are risking THEIR lives so that WE can have ours. I salute our military!!! THANK YOU for all you do!!! HUGSSSSSSSSSSS


Im thankful for the freedom to be able to serve the Lord and go to church!! We dont have to hide our bibles or be afraid for our lives (at least not at this point) to talk about the Lord.


And MOST OF ALL!!!! Im soooooooooo THANKFUL for the LORD!!! THANKFUL for ALL he has done for US!! Thankful for calvary and salvation!! Thankful for ONE LORD, ONE FAITH and ONE BAPTISM!!! The Lord Jesus is my BESTEST, MOST FAVORITE FRIEND!!! I couldn't make it thru all these trials without the Lord holding my hand and walking by my side!!!


So what do you have to be thankful for? We live in a country that is so full of everything including blessings!! I want to post more but my eyes keep closing.. Maybe tomorrow btwn church (which Im thankful I can go with a rental car because of my van being broke down for 2 months). Think this week on all the things you are thankful for and REMEMBER to Thank the LORD for them all. ALSO I've learned to THANK HIM for the bad things also.


Blessings and HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!
Gina Marie

1 comment:

Mommy pfohl said...

Hey Gina! Great post!!! I'm thankful for friends and family! I'm thankful for those people who surround us to get us through trials whether it be blog readers, CB buddies or just people who've come into our lives! You are one of those people! :) I pray you have an awesome Thanksgiviing. -Mindy