Sunday, October 5, 2008

Welcome.. Did you know?...

Welcome to my lounge. Pull up a seat, grab a cup of hot chocolate or your favorite drink and relax. I'm starting this so I can write down my feelings, happenings or just whatever. lol. HOPEFULLY with all the sites I keep up with, my boys and all our doctor appts, I won't forget to keep up with this one. lol

Hard to believe this is October already. The holidays are coming up upon us. Fall is HERE. :o) I love the cooler weather. I love seeing the leaves change color. We had our first rain last night of the season. Someone said its the first rain since Feb. We NEEDED it. So much to be thankful for. I love seeing God's beautiful artwork with nature. He has the best use of colors. :o)

Wow, if I had known raising teenagers would be so hard... Right now I have 4 miracle boys and they are 18, 16, 13, and 11 (thinking he is a teenager) lol. I wasn't even suppose to be able to have children or at least 4 in a row like I did. I did lose my first baby then God loaned me these four boys. Tho they sure are testing me to my limits. But I am thankful for them. They keep me going. :o)

My two youngest have my rare disease, Basal Cell Carcinoma Nevi Syndrome (BCCNS) also known as Gorlin Syndrome. http://www.bccns.org/ also at http://www.nlm.nih.gov/archive/20061212/mesh/jablonski/cgi/jablonski/syndrome_cgif602.html.
They have it worse than I have it. But God is helping us thru it or is helping me to help them. I keep a site on thier or our medical stuff at www.caringbridge.org/visit/noahhaugh

It's interesting this month EVERYTHING you see is pink for Breast Cancer Awareness month YET.. Last month (Sept) was Childhood Cancer Awareness Month and we didn't see anything about it (GOLD Ribbons). Our children deserve just as much attention as anyone else to help them live thru this disease. Childhood Cancer - Petition to Raise Awareness and Funding for a CURE!

Sept. is Child Cancer Awareness Month.. Pray for all those children dealing with cancer and those families whose children whose kids have passed on.. Childhood Cancer is THE #1 disease killer of our children!! It actually causes more deaths each year than diabetes, cystic fibrosis, asthma and AIDS - COMBINED! It’s the 2nd leading cause of death overall – second only to accidents. Would you believe that current levels of federal funding for pediatric cancer research has decreased in each of the last 5 years. Funding has leveled off at about $26 million per year. Compare that to federal funding for AIDS research at over $250 million in 2006 and over $575 million for breast cancer the same year. FYI – the passing of the Conquer Childhood Cancer Act has greatly increased our odds at securing more (up to double) funding next year. Let’s pray that happens! However $60 million is still vastly below the funding awarded to other diseases. Is the #1 disease killer of our children not worth enough attention?? Just one of the questions that boggles my mind!! There are currently over 40,000 precious children fighting for their lives because of this disease and 1 in 5 of them will not win that battle. 3 out of 5 will be left with lifelong complications from these harsh, painstaking treatments.

Childhood Cancer Facts
• Each school day, 46 children are diagnosed with cancer.
• One in 330 children will develop cancer by age 20.
• Although the 5 year survival rate is steadily increasing,
one quarter of children will die 5 years from the time of
diagnosis.
• Cancer remains the number one disease killer of America's
children - more than Cystic Fibrosis, Muscular Dystrophy,
Asthma and AIDS combined.

“Being Aware Means You Care”

Cure Childhood Cancer - Another Inconvenient Truth

There is a petition that father of a young 14 yr old boy named AJ, who lost his life to cancer, is running.. It''s to raise awareness and funding for Childhood Cancer. They NEED 1 million signatures but only have little over 15,000. PLEASE go to this site and sign and lets do our part to help in the fight for Childhood Cancer. Lets help our kids..
http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/CureChildhoodCancer

Even my boys Adam and Noah will appreciate it while they fight thier skin cancer. They are also high risk for all other cancers with our disease.

That’s just a little glimpse into the world of childhood cancer and the terror within.


I'm so glad to have God in my life. He is my bestest friend. He is my strong tower. I couldn't go thru this disease or raise these boys without Him.

Well thank you for hanging out with me and I hope you come again.

Blessings,
Gina Marie

No comments: