Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Trust..

With all I've gone thru with seperation of my marriage (lying and abuse), dealing with my teens , some "friends"(who dont now seem like TRUE friends), and now a "pastor" who wronged our church and was told to leave and might be facing legal charges, it seems hard to have trust in people. Sometimes just when you think you have a good friend and you can share feelings, you might find they are someone you actually can't trust but I know that isnt always the case, just sometimes.. It's just what has happened in the past few years..

And they that know thy name will put their trust in thee: for thou, LORD, hast not forsaken them that seek thee. Psalm 9:10

What is TRUST? What does it mean?

In the Merriam-Webster dictionary it says..

Main Entry: 1.trust
Pronunciation: \ˈtrəst\
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English, probably of Scandinavian origin; akin to Old Norse traust trust; akin to Old English trēowe faithful — more at
true
Date: 13th century
1 a: assured reliance on the character, ability, strength, or truth of someone or something b: one in which confidence is placed

2 a: dependence on something future or contingent : hope b: reliance on future payment for property (as merchandise) delivered

Im sooooo THANKFUL I can put all my trust in the Lord Jesus!! He is my BESTEST friend!! I KNOW He will NEVER hurt me, lie to me, steal from me, mistreat me, or cause me in ANY WAY to not trust Him!!! He has ALWAYS been there for me. I know at times I wonder WHEN will he answer something I've been praying for but as he said things are in HIS time and not ours.

As for God, his way is perfect; the word of the LORD is tried: he is a buckler to all them that trust in him.2 Samuel 22:31

I do thank him tho for the trials and tests I go thru because it makes me a stronger person. Thru these tests I have gone thru lately I have learned to have a stronger backbone and to stand up for myself more. I have learned to put my foot down at times when I need to and not let people walk on me like a doormat.

'Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverence. Perseverence must finish its work so you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.' 'Blessed is the man who preseveres under trial. because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him,' James 1: 2 - 4 & 12.

O LORD my God, in thee do I put my trust: save me from all them that persecute me, and deliver me: Psalm 7:1

The Lord tells us no at times, just like we have to tell our kids when they ask for this and for that. Sometimes we get mixed up about what we WANT and what we NEED. I'm always trying to explain to my boys the difference between NEEDS and WANTS. At times we go to the Lord and are saying Lord I want this and Lord give me this.. And our precious Lord will say, "My child, No, not this time. You dont NEED it" or he might just say No. Then at times he also does say Yes. :o) He is such an awesome God. He DOES ALWAYS provide our needs!

Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass. Psalm 37:5

But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint. Isaiah 40:31

I love this verse!! Tho the word "WAIT".. It can mean so many things.. I USED to think of "wait" like sitting and waiting. In Merriam-Websters Dictionary it defines Wait as a few things BUT it also has a definition for "Wait Upon"..

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/wait

Main Entry:
1wait

Pronunciation:
\ˈwāt\
Function:
verb
Etymology:
Middle English, from Anglo-French waiter, guaiter to watch over, await, of Germanic origin; akin to Old High German wahta watch, Old English wæccan to watch — more at
wake
Date:
14th century
transitive verb1: to stay in place in expectation of :
await 2: to delay serving (a meal)3: to serve as waiter for intransitive verb1 a: to remain stationary in readiness or expectation b: to pause for another to catch up —usually used with up2 a: to look forward expectantly b: to hold back expectantly 3: to serve at meals —usually used in such phrases as wait on tables or wait on table4 a: to be ready and available b: to remain temporarily neglected or unrealized
— wait on also wait upon
1 a: to attend as a servant b: to supply the wants of :
serve2: to make a formal call on3: to wait for
— wait up
: to delay going to bed : stay up


So we are to SERVE the Lord as we "wait" on him. To do his will and to go spread the gospel and win souls as we wait for his call. He has done so much for us that we should WANT to show others and bring them INTO this marvelous work. It ISN'T the waiting I THOUGHT of as just sitting around like in a waiting room of a doctors office and just doing nothing but sitting there and waiting for our name to be called.. Its DOING something!!

My righteousness is near; my salvation is gone forth, and mine arms shall judge the people; the isles shall wait upon me, and on mine arm shall they trust. Isaiah 51:5

I will wait for the LORD, who is hiding his face from the house of Jacob. I will put my trust in him.Isaiah 8:17

Sooo.. As I wait (serve) the Lord and learn to trust him more, he helps me grow and learn how to trust others in new ways. It takes time. I teach my boys that to trust someone they have to earn it. If you break that trust, it takes time to earn it back. I do have a few precious friends I can trust and talk to. Tho I am more careful about what I tell people. I'm getting to where I only tell my precious Lord my most deep thoughts.

If you have ever felt there is no one you can trust or you have no friends, just remember you have a friend in Jesus!! He will NEVER leave you. He is with you ALWAYS. When you cry he is there with you crying also and wanting to comfort you. He is reaching for you and wanting you to reach out to him. He is the father to the fatherless. The friend to those who need a friend. He is the great physician!! The master comforter!

The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.Psalm 18:2

...and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age." Matthew 28:20

Some of this was a release to me but I hope it was of some help or teaching to you.

Blessings,
Gina Marie


No comments: